Sandqvist: Sustainable Bags brand With a Clear Swedish Heritage
Every time we discover a really cool and ethical brand – we do a happy dance :) It happened again during our visit to Tallinn. Sandqvist bags: beautiful, natural or recycled, with an interesting story, made with a great care for our planet and for the people – everything just the way we like it. Also it’s not very easy to find a nice high-quality bag which doesn’t cost a fortune, but looks like it does. So, today we share our ‘secret knowledge’ with you, hope you’ll like it!
Swedish bag brand Sandqvist was founded in 2004 by Anton Sandqvist, and soon his brother Daniel and their friend Sebastian also joined the company. Since then Sandqvist has committed to producing stylish and long lasting everyday bags in a way that is fair for everyone involved and with care for the environment. All products are made using organic cotton or vegetable tanned leather and all synthetic fabrics now contain recycled fibres. All of Sandqvist’s bags are uncomplicated and beautiful, with a clear Swedish heritage.
“The Nordic landscape with its forests, rivers and vast unpopulated areas as well as an urban city lifestyle have always been our main inspiration. Accordingly, the Sandqvist designs are uncomplicated, functional and beautiful, with clear Swedish heritage”
• 100% ORGANIC COTTON SOURCED DIRECTLY FROM THE FARMERS
• RECYCLED FIBERS FROM POST-CONSUMER WASTE IN ALL NEW SYNTHETIC MATERIALS
• SANDQVIST REPAIR SHOPS EXTENDS THE LIFE OF THE PRODUCTS
At Sandqvist they produce stylish and long lasting everyday bags, in a way that is fair to everyone involved, and with care for the environment. This means taking responsibility for the impact of our products throughout their life cycle, on both people and planet.
Our beautiful and stylish director, Angela, told our team about her Sandqvist bag with the shining eyes of love. She has found a perfect bag that she can share with her 16-years-old daughter (they both follow minimalistic style). Here comes our little dialogue:
Treasure Box команда:
- How is it possible to share anything with a teenager? They are very selfish at this age, aren’t they?
- Yes, it’s an issue for young people – they want everything for themselves, especially when it comes to clothes. Some parents of my daughter’s friends think that it has to be a ‘mass-market way’ first. To consume tons of cheap stuff just to understand that you don’t really need this amount of things.
However, there’s more intelligent way of consuming: to stop and think about what you really need and how often you are going to wear this thing. You can buy high quality things and share them with your friends or your mom (as in our case) and be stylish and cool anyways.
Angela wearing Sandqvist bag